Indica Dominant Hybrid – 70% Indica / 30% Sativa
Aromas: Flowery, Pine, Pungent,
Flavors: Pine, Spicy, Sweet
Best Uses: Bipolar Disorder, Chronic Pain, Depression, Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, Inflammation, Insomnia, Loss of Appetite, Muscle Spasms, PTSD
What is Pink Kush?
- The heritage of this heavy indica is a little uncertain, but it’s known to be a relative and possibly an offspring of the legendary OG Kush, one of history’s most popular strains. Pink Kush carries on the legacy, delivering a potent body high that’s very effective as medical treatment. The effects are calming and intensely euphoric, with happiness and a powerful case of the munchies. It’s a versatile tool for treating anxiety, depression, inflammation, lack of appetite, migraines and other headaches, mood disorders, chronic pain, and insomnia.
- The sativa/indica ratio of this strain is hard to verify, but appears to be as low as 10:90, meaning strong physical effects. THC tests are scarce, but the few that are publicly available suggest fairly high potency, topping 20%.
- CBD levels are reportedly much lower, less than 1%, so this isn’t an ideal choice for treating conditions that respond to that chemical, including epileptic disorders. The flavor and aroma of Pink Kush are similar, with notes of pine, wood, and flowers. The strain gets its name in part from the pink hairs that punctuate its green nugs. It’s most popular on the legal markets of the Pacific Northwest and Canada.
What is Gelato?
- Gelato is a slightly indica dominant hybrid (55% indica/45% sativa) strain created through a cross of the infamous Sunset Sherbet X Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies strains. This dank bud is infamous for its insanely delicious flavor and hugely powerful effects that are fueled by a THC level that hits its low point at 20% on average. Gelato has a flavor that’s said to be much like a sweet sherbet, with fruity blueberry and orange flavors.
- The aroma is just as sickly sweet, with a lavender citrus berry bouquet that has a woody effect as the nugs are broken apart and smoked. Although it has a tasty flavor, Gelato is definitely best loved for its effects. Even with its slight indica dominance, the high is head heavy in nature and won’t leave you sedated or couch-locked. It starts with a cerebral head rush that hits you in the forehead with an uplifted euphoria and a sense of slightly focused energy. As this head high blissfully builds, a creeping body buzz will slowly wash over you, leaving you completely relaxed and calm with a sense of peace and well being.
- These powerful and surprisingly well balanced effects make Gelato the perfect choice for patients suffering from muscle spasms, chronic pain, inflammation, chronic fatigue, and headaches or migraines. Gelato buds have large and lumpy super dense grape-shaped dark forest green nugs with rich purple and orange hairs and a super sticky coating of visible resin droplets.